Friday, February 25, 2011

I give myself freedom.

I am a lousy blogger.  There.  I said it.  I'm not good at remembering to post, or take pictures, or really to follow through with a fair number of things.  All that said, I'm having quite a great time with life currently!  I just finished watching a dear friend's little boy for 4 days (only during the days) which gave me two one-year-olds and a four-year-old in the daytime.  I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't tired at the end of the day, but it was FUN!  They all had their moments of melt down and disobedience, of course, but overall, I could totally handle the three kid thing.  Plus I got a kick out of how many old ladies asked me if I had twins. 

Some other goings on of late...my oldest girl turned 4 today!!!  And just like a lot of other four-year-old girls, Dora is a favorite around our house.  So I bought a Dora cake pan (with a coupon, so I got a mega good deal) and went to work.  I invited my sister over thinking we'd have a cup of tea and visit, but then she saw the cake and soon we were elbow deep in icing! 



Can I just say, I LOVE decorating cakes this way?  I mean with the little rosebud thingys all over.  It just seems so...old school and comfortable.  This is how I remember my cakes, don't get me wrong, fondant cakes are BEAUTIFUL and all, but these just give me that cozy feeling.  I plan on making this type of cake as long as my kids let me.

Can I call this day 10?  I think I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment