Monday, May 30, 2011

Vancouver Getaway

A few weekends ago we got to get away to Vancouver for night!  Hooray for grandparents who are willing to take the little ones for night!  We had a great time, walked along the sea wall and discovered a delicious little Italian restaurant.  They made their own pasta DAILY!!  I was so impressed.  The food was delicious and our server's name was Niko!  How perfect!

We were quite close to Granville Island, and so we hopped on one of the little ferries that takes you across the channel to have supper and to explore.  We ended up buying our supper in the food court of the Granville Island Market.  Steve got a really amazing crepe with ham and cheese in it, and me?  Well I got the world's worst Chinese food.  No joke, the vegetables were HARSH freezer burned.  I ended up eating just the rice and was hungry about 30 seconds later.  There were some jems at the market, though.  I found THE mangos.  These mango's were no grocery store still-somewhat-green-because-they-were-pickede-too-early mangos.  These were I-just-picked-these-off-the-tree-in-the-tropical-country-they-grow-in MANGOS!  Oh snap, I have not eaten a mango like that since I was in Australia.  DEEEElicious.  This is a big deal to me, mangos are my ultimate FAVE!

The second morning we took a walk along the sea wall, it was a really nice day, a little overcast, but not raining...nice and cool.  As we were walking, I was lamenting the lack of camera use in my life as of late.  So I prayed that God would show me something really cool that I could capture and display in our house somewhere.  We came across a memorial for individuals whose lives had ended as a result of contracting AIDS.  Along the top of the memorial was a poem.  It was quite a long poem, but there were four words which really stood out to me...


Because really, my life is SO rich.  I have so much to be thankful for, even when things seem like they're not working out in my favour.  So this will be framed and put on our wall to remind us that our lives are most defnitely RICH!

No comments:

Post a Comment